Christmas Awards 2011

Tuesday 1 July 2008

Featured Author Tabitha Shay

Multi talented author Tabitha Shay joins us this week!





Tabitha's new book as Jayden Chelcee out now and at number one ar Eternal Press alist at fictionwise!





For a month or more Tabith's books Witch's Brew and Witch's Heart were at number one and two in the Eternal Press list at fictionwise! I wouldn't mind betting that Montanna Men will be up there too!





Red Roses reviewed Witch's Heart and gave it a bouquet of roses.

Tabitha's interview

Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m Tabitha Shay, wife, mother, grandmother and paranormal romance author. Keeping everything balanced takes patience and effort.
I live in the USA in Oklahoma. I guess you could say I’m a cross between a Southern Rebel, an Ozark Hillbilly and an Okie Cowgirl.

What do you write?
I write paranormal romances and contemporary western romances. Witch’s Brew, book one of the Winslow Witches of Salem Series is my first book and a paranormal romance. The story ranges from 1692 Salem, to a more modern day setting that still come across as early village days. I created in entire new world, Ru-Noc, where witches, warlocks, wizards and wakens (male witches) dwell, along with an assortment of familiars. Witch’s Heart is book two in the series and picks up where Witch’s Brew leaves off. I would highly recommend you read Witch’s Brew first. Witch’s Moon, book three, is scheduled for release Oct. 7th. However, In the Arms of Danger, my first contemporary western romance is scheduled for release June 7th, under the pen name, Jaydyn Chelcee. Danger’s story is book one in the five books Montana Men Series. Book two, No Holds Barred is scheduled for release in Dec. Then I have four more contracts I’m obligated to meet with my publisher, two more of the Winslow witch series and two more of the Montana Men. I guess after those, I’ll find out if EP wants to keep me and offer more contracts. (Laughs)


Why do you write?
I got tired of reading romances that just didn’t satisfy me and decided to write something I’d enjoy. I really never planned to go for publishing, but one of my sisters decided she’d heard enough of my stories and wanted me to get serious about my work. I have her to thank for giving me the nudge in the publishing direction. I’m about as hooked as one can be. I couldn’t give up writing now for anything.


What are you writing now?
I have several projects in the works. I’m researching for a historical I have planned set in 1800s Colorado, about a young woman from New Orleans who inherits a silver mine and gets much more than she bargained for. Plus, I’m working on a spin off series from the Montana Men, but these will both have to wait until I finish both the series in progress right now. No matter what I write, you can bet there will be smokin love scenes and plenty of action and adventure.


What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
Well, I hate shopping for clothes, so usually I stock up for two or three years at a time, then I’m down to rags before I’ll go buy more clothes. You’ll usually find me in oversized T-shirts, shorts or jeans. I’m a very casual dresser, unless of course, there’s business involved, then I try to dress professional.

Are you in love? Have you ever been?
I’ve been married for over 30 years this July. I have a good hubby who takes wonderful care of me. On the other hand, there is an actor who has lately caught my eye…I’ve fallen in love with Skeet Ulrich. And yes, I’m old enough to be his mother, darn it…but I can dream!...lol….I would love for him to be a hero from one of my novels, if one is ever made into a movie, that is.


Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?
Amazing the males who appeals to one…as I said, Skeet Ulrich.


What kind of comfort food do you like best?
Oh, God, give me chocolate in any form.


What makes you laugh? Cry?
I like good comedy, but I have very little tolerance for stupid comedy and I feel strongly that there is a big difference in the two. It doesn’t take much to make me cry. God gave me a tender heart.


What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?

Well, I love to go four-wheel riding with hubby. I like to read, though find it difficult to make time. I love action movies and spending time with my children and grandchildren. I’m an avid collector of just about anything, but my main interests are coins. I love coins, especially the Morgan silver dollars. I collect Betty Boop pieces where ever I can find them and I collect teacups and saucers, lighthouses and swords. Guess you could say I have a mish-mash of collections.

What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!
Honesty and faithfulness.

What do you hate about life?
Right now, I have zero tolerance for oil companies and their inflated gasoline prices and profits.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
I used to pray I’d live long enough to see my children raised and see what kind of adults they became. I’ve been blessed with having those prayers answered and then some. I feel rewarded because two of my daughters-in-law have said to me, “I want to thank you for the way you raised your son. He’s a good man and a good husband.” Now that brings tears to my eyes.

What are you going to write next?
Finish the edits on, No Holds Barred, then start on Witch’s Magic the fourth witch book and Too Close to the Fire, the third Montana Men book. After that, I will work on the next books in those two series. As you see, I’m going to remain busy for a long time.
You can scope out my books a www.tabithashay.com
Or http://www.eternalpress.ca

5 comments:

cbsplaysdirty said...

I must read your books now -- I too am in love with Skeet Ulrich. He is an amazing leading man.

Sloane Taylor said...

Wonderful interview, Tabitha. Congratulations on all your successes, both writing and personal.

Laura @ Caninedesign said...

Tabitha Shay rocks!

Rita Karnopp said...

Tabitha... so proud of you! Look at you...admired everywhere! You so deserve all the great things happening! Love your writing... this book has to go on my list... as soon as the checkbook is singing... it's mine!!
Hugs to you girlfriend. Rita/Reet

Aiden Phoenix said...

Excellent interview, Tabitha. Congratulations. I can't wait to hear more from you.